CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday 11 August 2007

uh-oh...i've been tagged!

Thanks Karen (aka Karva)!
7 facts about me....here we go...
1. My weirdest hobby/ collection when I was growing up, was collecting pencil sharpeners - I have over 300 of them, and still get given them as presents from friends and family!
2. I am an only child, which has/ had it's benefits of course. I always wished for a brother or sister, but I really had a happy childhood and I wouldn't want to have had it any differently really.
3. I have travelled overseas 5 times now. Twice to New Zealand (age 12 and 26), once to America (aged 13), once to Britain and Europe (aged 24) and once to Japan last year. Certainly have the travel bug, can't wait to go somewhere else.
4. My middle name is Valmai - it's Welsh, but Mum knew someone with the name and liked it. It also contains letters from both my grandmothers names.
5. My first name was going to be Belinda. But with a Linda and Melinda already in the family Mum and Dad decided it might be a tad confusing.
6. All the girls names in my family end in 'a'. It has happened purely by accident, until this generation - and I am planning on keeping it going with my own girls should I have any.
7. I have a horrible fear of deep water and drowing, so for that reason I avoid swimming at all costs. I used to love the water as a kid, and I still find it relxing in baths/ spas, etc., but my fear stops me from going back into the water.
I don't have 7 people to tag, so if you happen to read this and would like to be tagged - then go for your life!! :D

To other news....
DH PhD has been accepted he will be graduating later in the year and I will be married to a "Dr".
I appear to have laryngitis again (is it the 4th or 5th time this year? I've lost count). Will have to try and make a Dr's appointment, which is near impossible on the weekend!
I have sent in my first application, working on the second, and deciding whether to do a 3rd (further away from home though).
That's about all for now, hopefully will get some scrapping done tonight either at my cousin's house or at home (depending on how my voice is).
Have a scrappy day!!

0 comments: