CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday 20 July 2007

Update from the operation!
Was really hungry and thirsty the morning of the op - and of course couldn't have anything! grrr...i tend to black out when i skip a meal, but was ok, just a bit light-headed by "lunchtime"
so after a LOT of sitting around and waiting (many times in tears) 2 and half hours later they took me in to get changed and prepare me.
About 20 minutes after that they took me in to get my GA...had LOTS of probs finding a vein, so they gave up and gave me gas instead (not in tears, but in a slight panic by that stage). Took 3 breaths of that and woke up about 1/2 hour later with it all finished.
A little bit of pain and some blood, and a bit of swelling later; I am ok and home (earlier than expected, which is nice). 2 icereams, 1 jelly and 3 small cups of apple juice in hospital, and a melted thickshake when i got home...at least i can have those.
The painkillers haven't knocked me out, so am still wide awake, probably won't be feeling the same tomorrow when the bruises start showing.

Today - was a bit harder as the surgeon warned me. Bit more swelling and a small bruise under my left eye. My mouth is pretty sore and i keep feeling the stitches (yuck).
So still have soft foods (tried a dimsim, not such a good idea) so have had some more jelly, custard and icecream. Up and Go was perfect too - fills you up a bit more than the others. DH has been making sure that I have everything i need, he's been super thoughtful and sweet!!

So off to take another pain killer now...

1 comments:

Jo said...

Hi Andie! I wanted to be the first to leave a comment. Love the blog, and glad you're surviving after the op!If you're able to talk, give me a call this week before you go back to work, ok?
Jo